Tesla Powerwall 2
Powerwall reduces your reliance on the grid by storing your solar energy for use when the sun isn’t shining. Use Powerwall alone or combine it with other Tesla products to save money, reduce your carbon footprint and prepare your home for power outages.
24/7 Backup Protection
Powerwall is a battery that stores energy, detects outages and automatically becomes your home’s energy source when the grid goes down. Unlike generators, Powerwall keeps your lights on and phones charged without upkeep, fuel or noise. Pair with solar and recharge with sunlight to keep your appliances running for days.
Power Your Home
With easy installation and a minimalist design, Powerwall complements a variety of home styles. The compact, all-in-one construction features versatile mounting options for indoor or outdoor spaces.
With the Tesla app, you can monitor your home’s energy production and consumption in real time. Set your preferences to optimise for energy independence, outage protection or savings. With instant alerts and remote access, you can control your system from anywhere.
NEW! FROM OCTOBER 2020 – Tesla are now offering an energy tariff to buy electricity from them and an export tariff for customers with solar PV and a Powerwall. Rates to buy electricity are as low as 8p per unit and to export as high as 11p per unit (as at October 2020). These rates are a huge challenge to Big 6 prices!
- Minimalist modern design
- Can be mounted indoor or outdoor
- AC coupled, no need to install separate charge controller
- Tesla Gateway gives you power in the event of a power cut
- Tesla App – monitor energy production and consumption; control your system from anywhere
- 10 year warranty, 80% retention after 10 years
- 13.5 kWh
- 100% depth of discharge
- 90% round trip efficiency
- 7kW peak / 5kW continuous
- Seamless backup transition
- Pure sine wave output
Size and Weight
- L x W x D 45.3″ x 29.6″ x 5.75″
- 1150 mm x 753 mm x 147 mm251.3 lbs / 114 kg
- Floor or wall mounted
- Indoor or outdoor
- Up to 10 Powerwalls
- -4°F to 122°F / -20°C to 50°C
- Water and dust resistance to IP67
- Meets US and international safety standards
- Meets US and international EMI standards